Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Men can blog, too!

Hey everyone, it's my first post! Until recently, I had thought there existed an unwritten rule that said "only your 20-something wife is allowed to post on a family blog". So here is my attempt to break the status quo:

I am loving our family's new home in Schaumburg. Aimee and I have been forced to reach out and make friends, build a stronger marriage, and learn a new geographic area. We've had a little time to be homesick, but quickly find reasons to forget about it. Our friends, Trevor and Burgundy, have made the transition easier on us. Also, we do find time to sneak away and visit family. Over Labor Day Weekend, we drove to Iowa City to spend time with Aimee's brother, Shawn. Can I just say that I fell in love his kids? I think it may be because he has 7 kids (7 in my family too) and it just felt like home. They made us feel so welcome and loved and we can't wait to go back.



Finally, I have to state that being out of school has been great. I come home at night without homework on my mind and can focus on the family. Annie and I have spent a lot of time together this summer and have grown very close. For all of our friends back in Pleasant Grove (and Provo), we miss you guys! But not enough to want to move back, so feel free to come visit us any time.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever. Isn't Jackson enough to move back?! Just kidding! I'm glad you love it out there.

    ReplyDelete

Annie

The Family

The Family
Our First Christmas Together